Saturday, December 4, 2010

building shared knowledge

This week was all about pooling our shared knowledge and gaining shared experiences having to do with animals and how they adapt to the cold. I reread the project planning guide daily to insure I was doing what I was supposed to do in phase I...I guess I'm still a bit hung up on making sure we do it right. During the week we seemed pulled at times in two directions, those being experimenting with ice and thinking about animals. I think they complimented each other, at least I hope so.

Here are just a few images of the shadow puppets we made on Friday. Mrs. Lee made a great bear and bird shadow puppet which children started with but then quickly moved on to making there own shado puppets. They did a fantastic job. I think this will continue throughout the next week or longer if the interest level remains.





The inspiration for our bird came from this fabulous Site, The Shadow Puppet Workshop.
http://www.shadowpuppetworkshop.com/photos.html

1 comment:

  1. Shadow puppets are always very popular with our children as well. I love that you're happy to go with the flow until the children's interests change ... that is exactly how it should be too!
    Donna :) :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...