Sunday, April 1, 2012

by george I think you've got it

Over the weekend I visited my dad who just moved into a new home in the Catskills region of New York. The small town he moved to had the most incredible hardware store, every aisle held great potential for classroom fun. Armed with new pvc piping, rope, and a pulley we're ready for a fun (and probably messy) week at school.

Last week I noticed children throwing jump ropes over the monkey bars and over fences which made me think of... you guessed it pulleys! I love tinkering and science but certainly have to re-teach myself many forgotten scientific concepts to insure I can scaffold the children's exploration and discovery as best as I can. So as my Google search began, I stumbled onto this gem Eureka! No really the show is called Eureka! Take a peak and see if you feel the tinge of '80's programming nostalgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...