Here's a fun project for home, make your own watercolor paints! You can even watch a video here http://www.wholeliving.com/article/homemade-watercolor-paint
Tools and Materials
* Baking soda
* White vinegar
* Light corn syrup
* Mixing bowl
* Mixing spoon
* Half-dozen egg carton
* Assorted food coloring 4-pack
* Popsicle sticks or skewers
Watercolor Paint How-To
1. In a mixing bowl, mix 4 tablespoons baking soda with 2 tablespoons vinegar until fizzing stops. Add 1/2 teaspoon corn syrup and 2 tablespoons cornstarch. Mix until a uniform consistency.
2. Pour the mixture into individual egg carton cups, filling each about a third to halfway.
3. Add five to 10 drops of food coloring to each cup, mixing in thoroughly, to reach desired colors. (Experiment, or see color recipes below.)
4. Allow paints to set overnight. Use paints on watercolor paper with a wet paintbrush.
* Reddish pink: 10 drops red
* Orange: 1 drop red, 6 drops yellow
* Yellow: 5 drops yellow
* Leaf green: 3 drops green, 7 drops yellow
* Sea blue: 5 drops blue
* Violet: 4 drops red, 2 drops blue